Nature Shaders supports all render pipelines and Unity versions with the following minimum requirements:
|Render Pipeline||Pipeline Version||Unity Version|
|Standard (Built-in)||2018.4 or higher||2018.4 or higher|
|High-Definition||7.2 or higher||2019.3 or higher|
|Universal||7.2 or higher||2019.3 or higher|
To install Nature Shaders, first purchase and download the Nature Shaders package from the official website: https://www.visualdesigncafe.com/nature-shaders/
- If you downloaded Nature Shaders directly from the official website then you'll have received a Unity Package. Import the package into your project and Nature Shaders will automatically set itself up. There is no need for any manual actions.
- If you purchased Nature Shaders through the Unity Asset Store then you can download Nature Shaders through Unity's Package Manager:
1. Open Window > Package Manager from the menu in the Unity editor.
2. Select "Packages: My Assets" in the top-left corner of the window, this will show all the assets that you purchased on the Asset Store (default selection is either "In Project" or "Unity Registry").
3. Search for "Nature Shaders" in the search field on the top-right of the window.
4. Select Nature Shaders from the list and click Import in the bottom-right.
After importing finished, continue with the Quickstart Guide to see how to use Nature Shaders.
Nature Shaders Essentials
Nature Shaders Essentials is included as an embedded package in Nature Renderer and Open World Nature Kit. It is automatically installed together with Nature Renderer or Open World Nature Kit, there is no need for any additional actions.
Updating Nature Shaders or Nature Shaders Essentials is done through Visual Design Cafe's Package Manager. Go to Window > Package Manager (Visual Design Cafe) to open the package manager.
If there is an update available for any package then you will see the "Import" button on the right, along with the new version number. The version that is currently installed is shown on the left under the package name.
Just click "Import" to import the new version.
Note: You may see "Caching..." instead of "Import" if the update is still downloading.